The Information Risk Management team within the Information Services Division the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) is currently looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst (Information Security).
The position supports Information Risk Management to ensure ICBC meets business, legal, and stakeholder requirements for information security while managing costs. The successful candidate will be expected to function as a senior member of the Information Risk Management team, providing leadership and mentoring to team members while acting with minimal direction from the Manager.
In this role you will be working closely with business and technology stakeholders to identify business needs as they pertain to information security and seek alignment with policies, standards and other governance documents. You will take a leadership role to effectively articulate information security requirements, collaborate with team members and stakeholders such as Privacy & Freedom of Information and IT Security to facilitate the development and implementation of security processes and technology improvements. As part of your duties you complete risk assessments working while closely with business and technology stakeholders. You will provide ongoing reviews, improvements, and updates to existing information security policies, standards, strategies, risk assessment processes, and other governance documents and processes. You will plan, lead, and implement information security projects and initiatives while providing leadership and mentoring to other team members.
You have knowledge of:
- The ISO 27000 framework or similar information security management systems
- Information security threats and the typical security controls used to mitigate those threats
- Concepts of risk management, especially of the ISO 27002 and ISO 31000 risk management processes
- Information Technology governance, risk, and compliance processes
- Knowledge of industry standards such as NIST, COBIT, PCI DSS, etc.
- The BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA)
- e-Discovery and Legal Hold trends and legislation
You have skills to:
- Evaluate risks to information and technology, including threat assessment, likelihood and impact assessment, and request executive risk management decisions
- Demonstrated strength in facilitation and communication
- Identify opportunities for improvements in business use of systems
- Provide guidance about information security policy compliance
- Draft executive and external briefing notes, security alerts and updates, and employee communications regarding information security policy and awareness issues
- Present security issues to varied audiences
- Work with outside parties to perform regular cyber security audits and training and be responsible for addressing any exposures identified within the audit
- Knowledge and understanding of software development lifecycle, from application design and development to testing,
- implementation and production support
- Strong focus on systems analysis, process, process improvement, and quality
- Data-driven, analytical with strong problem-solving skills
You bring these credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or equivalent
- Several years of related experience including at least a few years in IT security
- An information security certification such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is an asset, but not required
Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
You can view this job posting and apply for the position through ICBC’s website up to May 30, 2021.
ICBC’s job is to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, ICBC wants you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact ICBC today to be part of their talented and diverse team as they work together to create an insurance system that all can be proud of.
ICBC welcomes applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let ICBC know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.