The Ministry of Citizens’ Services of the BC Provincial Government is looking for a Manager of Operations.
Ministry of Citizens’ Services
Manager of Operations
$ 77,700.20 – $ 110,000.05 annually
The Manager of Operations will oversee and manage the Access and Directory Management Services (ADMS) teams that provide the day-to-day operational support for the suite of Access and Directory Management service offerings that are used across the BC Government. This position will be responsible for leading teams of IT professionals within the unit that support identity, access, security, stability, availability, capacity, change and performance management services for ADMS’s systems and technologies.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining their team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca or by phone: 778-698-1336.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Certificate or higher in the computer science field OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience supervising technical staff. Preference may be given to applicants with experience supervising staff in a union environment.
- Three (3) years’ experience in technical operations in a complex application environment, supporting a large, diverse, corporate business enterprise with critical system needs. Preference may be given to more years of experience.
- Three (3) years’ experience leading and resolving complex staff and/or client issues. Preference may be given to more years of experience.
- Minimum One (1) year experience delivering or supporting Identity and Access services.
- Minimum One (1) year experience negotiating and managing information technology contracts.
- Minimum One (1) year experience in a leadership role that ensure teams provide expert customer service support within a shared service model.
- Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience supporting technical application environments related to Identity and Access.
- Experience supporting Identity and Access service offerings related to any of the following: MS Azure, MS Azure AD, SiteMinder, MFA, Azure Conditional Access, Keycloak.
- Experience managing information technology contracts within a Government environment.
- Diploma or higher in the computer science field.
For more information and to apply online by September 14, 2021, please go to: