Raymond James Ltd. is seeking a Lead – Network Infrastructure to work in their Burnaby office.
Raymond James Ltd. is Canada’s leading independent investment dealer offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Information Security and Network Infrastructure, and in consultation with parent company Raymond James Financial (US) Network Manager, the Lead – Network Infrastructure is responsible for enterprise alignment & integration, managing a growing team of up to 6+ network engineers, providing technical architecture direction, and day-to-day operations.
The Network Infrastructure team’s responsibilities include all networking and infrastructure aspects for LAN, WAN, SD-WAN, Wireless (802.11x), Load Balancing (LTM/GTM), Remote Access (VPN), Firewall, Network Access Control, DDoS, Network Management solutions and Telecom in a regulated enterprise environment that focuses on availability and security. The Network Infrastructure team is also responsible for datacenter and network closet infrastructure within the co-location data centers and offices across Canada. You will be solving complex challenges in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment, while championing the direction and evolution of a global integrated team with the parent company.
- Primary architect and central point of contact for network infrastructure solutions specializing in routing and switching, load balancing, firewall, network security and datacenter infrastructure;
- Manage Network Infrastructure team resourcing, planning, scheduling, and prioritizing efforts to meet overall network infrastructure commitments;
- Technical lead with the ability to mentor other members on the network infrastructure team;
- Collaborate with network infrastructure counterparts in the parent company RJF (US) to align enterprise standards, knowledge share, integrate solutions and create a global team;
- Partner with a broad base of business and technical teams to ensure that networks is developed to meet business and project objectives while adhering to architectural and testing standards and established methodologies;
- Forward thinking to identify upcoming trends, emerging technologies and evaluating new network infrastructure technologies;
- Responsible for up time, monitoring, reliability, BCP/DR, stability and maintenance of supported systems as well as continual assessment of the quality and effectiveness of our network monitoring and alarming;
- Manage network vendor relationships, contracts, budget and SLAs;
- Serves as a key person in major incidents and troubleshooting network infrastructure problems, taking ownership of problems to resolution;
- Produces and maintains documentation of network infrastructure solutions;
- Test network performance and analyzes trends to provide statistics, metrics and reports; develop strategies for optimizing network infrastructure;
- Improve operations efficiency by developing automation based upon analyzing and identifying significant opportunities where automation can tackle administration tasks, volume, systemic or critical operational issues;
- Ensures Network Infrastructure solutions adhere to enterprise security standards;
- Develop project plans, budget and feasibility studies for various network infrastructure projects, upgrades, improvements, expansions and equipment refresh;
- Provide timely support, analysis and resolution for Network Infrastructure related problems; and
- Provide critical tier 3 support, as required, on a 24 hours x 7 days / week basis. Excluding participation in an After Hours Support rotation.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in large-scale enterprise network environments with working expert level knowledge of Data Center Network Routing & Switching, Firewall, and Load balancing technologies;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing 5-10+ engineers in a team lead role;
- Cisco (CCIE, CCNP: Routing & Switching | Security), F5 (Certified Administrator | Certified Technical Specialist), Palo Alto (PCNSE), (ISC)² (CISSP), SANS or other network security vendor certifications highly desirable;
- Advance knowledge and experience in the following areas: Network Design, Load Balancing (LTM/GTM), Wireless, Network Security (NAC/DDoS/NGFW Firewalls), Network Aggregators, Remote Access VPN, Converged Infrastructure, Cloud Networking (SD-WAN) technologies, LAN/WAN, routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF), switching, VLANs, spanning-tree, VOIP protocols, QoS, DHCP, DNS, etc;
- Expert knowledge of BGP and Multicast;
- Experience with network monitoring, management & performance testing technologies (Solarwinds, Datadog, Nagios, Cacti, Netflow, nTop, sFlow, Splunk Rancid, etc.);
- Experience in scripting and automation;
- Experience with troubleshooting and determining root cause analysis through log/packet analysis and debugging;
- Experience with Datacenter facilities;
- Experience with Cabling Standards and troubleshooting;
- Experience in the financial services or brokerage industry is an asset;
- Knowledge of service management frameworks (ITIL);
- Ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical personnel in a cross-functional setting; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions;
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message;
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take actions that are consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences;
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill, or knowledge, in position-related areas; remain current with developments and trends in areas of expertise;
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals; and
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients, and their needs, a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
This is a permanent full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and covering letter, quoting the position and Job Posting #20-162 by December 11, 2020 to:
Raymond James Ltd.
To be considered for employment candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. We require applicants to complete a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company, including but not limited to a credit and criminal record check. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role: only those being directly considered will be contacted.
Raymond James Ltd. recognizes the value of a diverse workforce and appreciates the unique skills and special contribution of each employee. We are committed to accessibility for candidates through all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.