Raymond James Ltd. is seeking a Security Systems Engineer to work in their Burnaby office. This role will be reporting directly to the head office Raymond James Financial Senior Manager, IT Identity and Access Management Security.
Raymond James Ltd. is Canada’s leading independent investment dealer offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
The Systems Engineer manages a variety of industry leading IAM technologies and using business driven requirements, plans and designs enterprise systems infrastructure. The role evaluates and implements hardware and software products to meet Raymond James’ information security needs. The systems engineer monitors day-to-day performance of the infrastructure and works with project teams on the integration of new systems.
Specifically you will:
- Manage the evaluation, implementation, and upgrades of new and existing products and technologies, which typically cover a broad variety of enterprise-class infrastructure disciplines;
- Research and recommend innovative technologies and approaches for enterprise infrastructure management, upgrades, or improvements, while adhering to technical or budgetary constraints;
- Analyze system requirements, including identifying interactions and appropriate interfaces between affected components and sub systems;
- Proactively plan capacity of platforms and applications;
- May participate in projects including preparing project plans, assigning tasks, monitoring statuses, coordinating efforts, validating team recommendations, integrating efforts into a comprehensive strategy and delivering results on time;
- Write and/or review system specifications, including output requirements, flow charts and technical diagrams;
- Be responsible for independently resolving incidents, vulnerabilities, and problems as they are identified; and
- Be rotating on-call responsibilities.
To qualify for this opportunity you possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting and/or Finance;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of relevant experience in assigned area or combination or education, experience and training;
- Event/log analysis and troubleshooting skills;
- Experience with some or all of the following applications and technologies is required;
- Comfortable maintaining applications on Windows or Linux platforms;
- CA Siteminder or Ping Identity for Web Access Management and Single Sign On (SSO) using SAML;
- RSA Technologies including SecurID and Adaptive Authentication;
- CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault (EPV) and Privileged Session Manager (PSM);
- Ability to read and modify scripting languages such as BASH, PowerShell, and Batch;
- Experience with some or all of the following applications or technologies is desired; and
- F5 APM
- Active Directory and LDAP engineering experience
- Microsoft Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Venafi and appviewX Certificate management
- DNS, DHCP, and IPAM
- PING and Okta
- Event/log analysis and troubleshooting skills
This is a permanent full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package
If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and covering letter, quoting the position and Job Posting # 21-113 by April 23, 2021 to:
Raymond James Ltd.
To be considered for employment candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. We require applicants to complete a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company, including but not limited to a credit and criminal record check. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role: only those being directly considered will be contacted.
Raymond James Ltd. recognizes the value of a diverse workforce and appreciates the unique skills and special contribution of each employee. We are committed to accessibility for candidates through all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.