The Public Guardian and Trustee of British Columbia (PGT) of the BC Provincial Government is looking for a Senior Security Analyst.
BC Public Service
Public Guardian and Trustee
Senior Security Analyst
$72,724.97 – $83,014.85 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Public Guardian and Trustee of British Columbia (PGT) is committed and dedicated to a mission, vision and mandate that is to protect the legal, financial and personal and health care interests of adults who require assistance in decision making, to protect the legal and financial interests of children and to administer the estates of deceased and missing persons. Employees at the PGT provide quality service in a respectful work environment that demands accountability and integrity.
The Senior Security Analyst is one of several professional and talented IT professionals that maintain, enhance and protect the technology infrastructure for the PGT. Information and Technology Services is responsible for providing all technology, network, hardware, software, disaster recovery capabilities and support services independent of all government central agencies. The Senior Security Analyst is responsible for keeping the company’s security systems up to date and creating documentation and planning for all security-related activities and information.
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see the webpage titled “What The BC Public Service Offers”.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining their team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca or by phone: 778-698-1336.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree, diploma, certification or equivalent in the computer science field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience/training may be considered.
- Professional designation as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional or Certified Information Security Manager, or equivalent.
- Experience in a Microsoft environment with a security focus
- Experience with vulnerability and penetration testing
- Experience with risk assessment, analysis and development of risk mitigation strategies
- Experience with risk and security policy development
- Experience with maintaining a corporate IT risk register
- Experience with security assessment of server and desktop products
- Experience with security incident response and planning
- Experience with security awareness training
For more information and to apply online by July 18, 2021, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/77188