Raymond James Ltd. is seeking a seasoned Application Developer within the Identity and Access Management (IAM) group to work in their Burnaby office. This role will be reporting directly to the head office Raymond James Financial Senior Manager, IT Identity and Access Management Security.
Raymond James Ltd. is Canada’s leading independent investment dealer offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
This group of developers, engineers, and analysts own the automation of the identity lifecycle management, and other information security automation efforts for the enterprise. The developer position requires critical thinking in designing solutions while implementing best practices following the SDLC model. Projects will vary between an agile and waterfall approach.
Specifically you will:
- Analyze system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between impacted components and sub systems;
- Make recommendations towards the development of new code or to reuse of existing code;
- May lead assigned projects, including assigning tasks, coordinating efforts, and monitoring performance;
- May recommend new technologies and methodologies to management for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting opportunities. Remains current with new technologies;
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration;
- Participate in software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation;
- Provide technical advice and assists in solving programming problems;
- Write and/or review system specifications, including output requirements and flow charts;
- Assist in preparing project plans using project management tools;
- Review test results; document test activities, and record remedial actions;
- Ensure proper analysis of problems and programming approaches to prevent rework and schedule slippage; and
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To qualify for this opportunity you possess:
- Experience with some or all of the following applications and technologies is required;
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant development or engineering experience or combination of education, training and experience;
- Strong database experience required, preferably with prior access control experience in SQL and Oracle;
- Experience in the following areas: Java, SQL, REST APIs, Git, PowerShell, LDAP;
- Intermediate level knowledge of the following: Service Now integration, .Net, HP Non Stop, MongoDB, SailPoint Identity IQ, Identity and Access Management policies and controls; and
- Flexibility to occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends.
This is a permanent full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package
If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and covering letter, quoting the position and Job Posting # 21-114 by April 23, 2021 to:
Raymond James Ltd.
To be considered for employment candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. We require applicants to complete a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company, including but not limited to a credit and criminal record check. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role: only those being directly considered will be contacted.
Raymond James Ltd. recognizes the value of a diverse workforce and appreciates the unique skills and special contribution of each employee. We are committed to accessibility for candidates through all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.