IPN Brainpower Consulting Inc. is looking for a Principal Engineer, Security Software Development for one of their clients. This is a full-time permanent position located in the Vancouver area.
- Help define continual enhancements to the security architecture across Airlink router products, providing guidance on setting secure design principles providing Security Leadership.
- Work with PLM and other stakeholders to prioritize and schedule security enhancements and features into software release roadmap
- Select and manage 3rd party black and white box penetration testing partnerships
- Select and manage secure coding training program for software developers and enhance software development process to ensure dev process meets security objectives
- Develop automated a security focused system validation testing architecture
- Develop or leverage 3rd parties for threat modeling on legacy and new software products and platforms
- Propose COTS security solutions for integration into products
- Lead security development team within the business unit.
Required Education, Experience and Competencies
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a Technology Diploma with relevant industry experience
- 7+ years’ experience in real-time embedded software development using C and/or C++
- 5+ years’ experience developing software for Linux-based platforms
- 3+ years’ experience of IP networking on Linux platforms
- Experience and familiarity with PKI, Transport Layer Security and HSM devices
- Working knowledge of common security vulnerabilities. Example: OWASP Top 10
- Relevant cyber security experience working in a team environment developing software for commercial mission-critical products
Desired Education, Experience and Competencies (optional)
- Formal cyber security training/education from recognized organization such as GIAC or SANS
- Familiarity with NIST security framework
Interested candidates shoudl contact Ralf Holzapfel at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 604-323-4495.
This entry was posted on October 24, 2018