The City of Calgary is looking for a Manager, Corporate Security - Cyber.
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
As the Manager, Corporate Security - Cyber you will provide strategic direction and leadership within Corporate Security and The Corporation. You will create strategies to respond to risks and threats to The City, service requests and client needs. In addition you will architect processes, systems and information to work together in agreement, while optimizing technology to create new/business value and services for internal and external stakeholders. Primary duties include:
- Implement risk management and reduction strategies that mitigate Cyber Security risk to The City while balancing and promoting business value to front facing service lines.
- Design Programs and Projects to align with Corporate Security’s overall strategy while minimizing the impact on front facing service lines and providing maximum business value.
- Assist the Chief Security Officer (CSO) in developing security policy, corporate standards, and corporate strategic plans for The City.
- Provide strategic direction to the Team Leads to enable the implementation of the service based budget and delivery model through One Calgary (including results based accountabilities).
- Ensure Tactical plans are developed and implemented for each section of Corporate Security.
- Foster a supportive growth and high-performance environment through coaching, mentoring, career development and performance management, and promote behaviours that supports The City’s Corporate culture and promote employee engagement.
- Effectively manage and monitor staffing complements through identification of priorities and resourcing to meet business needs.
- Analyze financial information to ensure all operations are within budget.
- Design effective budgets for Sections for Operating and Capital programs.
- Present budgets and operating variances to CSO.
- Responsible for Information Security Compliance and Advisory, Information Security Operations, and Information Security Incident Response.
- A completed 2 year diploma with a minimum of 10 years experience, including 2 years security, law enforcement, military or safety experience and 5 years of management experience are required; OR a degree with a minimum of 8 years experience, including 2 years security, law enforcement, military or safety experience and 3 years of management experience are required.
- Preference will be given to those possess a Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Experience related to the specific area of Cyber Security will be given preference.
- Equivalent combinations of experience and education may be considered.
- A security clearance will be conducted.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Interested candidates can apply through the City of Calgary recruiting website by September 10, 2018.