Raymond James Ltd. is seeking a qualified Information Security Engineer to work in their Burnaby office.
Raymond James Ltd. is Canada’s leading full-service independent investment dealer offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
Under the direction of the Information Security Manager, the Information Security Engineer is responsible for design, implementation, integration, administration and maintenance of enterprise information security solutions. This includes, but is not limited to network, systems, endpoint, mobile, email, identity access management, cloud and application security technologies.
The Information Security Engineer will be required to participate in incident response and production support where and when appropriate. Extensive contact with internal customers, other information technology (IT) professionals, parent company (Raymond James Financial) and vendors is required to identify, research, analyze, and resolve complex security issues and problems.
- Subject matter expert, support and key contact for security solutions;
- Collaborate with and provide information security consulting to projects and initiatives;
- Forward thinking to identify upcoming trends and security best practices on the network;
- Support implementation efforts of security initiatives and resolutions of any findings from internal or external assessments;
- Ensure enterprise security standards are in place;
- Responsible for up-time, monitoring, reliability, stability and policy maintenance of supported systems;
- Serve as key person in troubleshooting system problems, taking ownership of problems to resolution;
- Produce and maintain current description and documentation of policy configuration, including tracking and documenting any changes to policies;
- Analyze performance trends to optimize system performance; and
- Improve operations efficiency by automating administration tasks wherever possible.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and three (3) years of related experience or a combination of education, training and experience;
- ISC² (CISSP, CCSP), SANS GIAC (GSEC, GCIH, GPEN) or other security vendor certification highly desirable;
- Experience with:
- Next generation firewall, web filtering, IPS, VPN, NAC, WAF solutions;
- Anti-malware, endpoint detection response (EDR), host based intrusion detection (HIDS), host based firewall solutions;
- Email protection gateway, anti-spam solutions;
- Mobile device management (MDM), enterprise mobile management (EMM) solutions;
- Security information and event monitoring, remote logging, log aggregation, correlation solutions (SIEM);
- Vulnerability scanners;
- Encryption at rest and in transit (PKI) solutions;
- Data loss prevention (DLP) solutions;
- Identity and access management (IAM), single sign on (SSO) solutions;
- Load balancer, reverse proxy solutions;
- Troubleshooting and determining root cause analysis through log/packet analysis & debugging;
- Scripting or automation;
- Intermediate experience with Linux;
- Sound understanding of security concepts behind the authentication, authorization and auditing (AAA) framework:
- Microsoft products such as: Windows, Active Directory, GPOs, Exchange;
- Network architecture, protocols, and standards;
- Knowledge of:
- Web application security, secure development lifecycle (SDLC), OWASP;
- Cloud security SaaS, PaaS, IaaS (O365, Azure, AWS, GCP), cloud access security broker (CASB);
- Service management frameworks (ITIL);
- Ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical personnel in a cross-functional setting; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions;
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message;
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take actions that are consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences;
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill, or knowledge, in position-related areas; remain current with developments and trends in areas of expertise;\
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals; and
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients, and their needs, a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
This is a permanent full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and covering letter, quoting the position and Job Posting # 18-189 by October 5, 2018 to:
To be considered for employment candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. We require applicants to complete a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company, including but not limited to a credit and criminal record check. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role: only those being directly considered will be contacted.
Raymond James Ltd. recognizes the value of a diverse workforce and appreciates the unique skills and special contribution of each employee. We are committed to accessibility for candidates through all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please
contact Human Resources via email at email@example.com.