The City of Burnaby is looking to hire a temporary full-time IT Applications Security Analyst.
The IT Applications Security Analyst performs analytical work in support of the systems maintained by the City’s IT Applications Security Team. This position will report to the Team Lead for IT Applications Security, and will help to support the applications currently implemented or being planned at the City. The main focus initially will be to provide user administration and role maintenance support in the non-SAP business applications. The IT Applications Security Team is also responsible for supporting the City’s SAP systems using HR position-based security.
Some responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- administering user access in the applications maintained by the City’s IT Applications Security Team;
- maintaining (and developing as necessary) system and application level security profiles for the sustainment team and City staff related to the use of non-production and production systems;
- providing break-fix support of security issues for the production systems;
- undertaking new security assignments as identified through project requirements;
- providing input to Business Advisory Services in terms of segregation of duties;
- guiding and advising on the testing of security profiles to ensure the appropriate security is provided and unauthorized access is not possible;
- researching and providing advice on software upgrade options;
- assisting in the design and definition of standards and procedures for establishing security authentication and authorization;
- performing periodic confirmation that the appropriate security has been consistently applied to the IT applications in the different environments;
- reporting and documenting application security abnormalities to the functional and management teams;
- providing effective communication of project and sustainment expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion;
- providing status updates tracking project milestones and deliverables and sustainment workload;
- providing recommendations of policy or procedural nature that will improve the delivered system and the security of the system;
- performing related work as required.
Qualifications include completion of a University Degree at the Bachelor’s level in computer science or a related discipline and considerable experience in systems analysis or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Demonstrated experience resolving technical security issues within a complex integrated environment is needed. Other qualifications include the ability to develop detailed project work plans to carry out technological changes; strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills (verbal & written); the ability to make applications security recommendations; the ability to work both independently and as part of a team and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts. A good working knowledge of office productivity tools is also needed.
Interested candidates should apply through the City of Burnaby website. Applications must be received by Thursday, January 31 at 4:45 pm.
This entry was posted on January 23, 2019