BC Clinical and Support Services (BCCSS) is a not-for-profit society that promotes health in the province by coordinating, managing and/or providing clinical and support services to British Columbia’s health care system. They are hiring a Provincial Manager, Software and Security Technologies.
Reporting to the Provincial Director, Software and Security Technologies, the Provincial Manager, has direct responsibility for the provision of high quality and timely designated software and security technology services in support of a shared Technology Services solution within healthcare across the province including the supervision of staff and the development and continuous improvement of technology service business processes and practices. Accountable and responsible for the timely execution of service requests and incident resolution relating to designated software and security technologies and services. Ensures consistency of services and solutions with healthcare strategy and provincial efforts in order to maximize alignment.
- Provides leadership and oversight of the day-to-day operations for a designated software and security technologies team to drive operational excellence and ensure alignment with BCCSS Technology Services goals and operating plans. Conducts an analysis of the current situation and the future requirements of the portfolio, sets specific goals and objectives aligned to the overall strategic direction of Technology Services, and determines priorities for planning and implementing strategies in collaboration with the Technology Services Leadership, key partners and stakeholders.
- Provides leadership and guidance to assigned staff using effective management techniques (for example, coaching, mentoring, delegating, building teams and managing performance) to support the achievement of required outcomes and to ensure that staff members are achieving a level of performance that meets the highest standards within their areas of function. Fosters a positive working environment including seeking opportunities to reward and recognize team and individual contributions, listening to the team’s concerns and enabling decision-making at the front line.
- Evaluates individual and team performance in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders and peer staff ensuring probationary and annual reviews are completed for assigned staff. Handles grievances and investigates work and staff issues and initiates disciplinary action up to and including terminations.
- Prepares and manages the annual operating budget for designated services, monitors variances and develops and executes corrective actions.
- Develops and continuously improves existing and new technology service processes and methods.
- Develops effective partnerships with stakeholders including healthcare service providers, vendors and outside contractors aligned with established service level agreements (SLAs).
- Actively manages to optimize resource utilization and service quality. Develops and uses metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify performance issues or other variances, develops and implements strategies to address and to improve performance.
- Engages other teams across BCCSS and partners in order to provide seamless customer service, challenging the status quo.
- Establishes the processes required to manage software and security technologies through the service lifecycle using BCCSS standards and practices with a view to continuous improvement
- Participates in and leads appropriate cyber security incident response roles
- Provides leadership in the development of incident response play books, provides situational cyber threat analysis, guidance and participates in the response to cyber threats
- Provides leadership and direction for security operational teams
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a degree in Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Business or a related field, plus seven (7) years recent related experience in large, complex, multi-site organizations, including a minimum of five (5) years in a progressively responsible leadership role.
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience managing and coaching teams for high performance.
- Customer focused with ability to facilitate and encourage cooperation between diverse operational groups and skill sets.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, results-oriented and able to motivate others.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and to promote teamwork both virtually and locally
- Critical thinking skills and proven ability to effectively manage human and fiscal resources.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of quality assurance process, operational planning and program development.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work in an environment in transition and act as an agent of change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, accompanied by proven presentation skills in a corporate setting.
- Proven technology background with a solid understanding of relevant software and/or security technologies plus frameworks such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
Interested candidates can apply through the BCCSS Careers website.