The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. They are hiring a Senior Business Analyst, Security.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Security, the Senior Business Analyst, is responsible for providing leadership in Business Process Reengineering concepts and methods and leads the analysis and documentation of business requirements on Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) projects that involve information security. The Senior Business Analyst will analyze and document gaps between business requirements and capabilities and will assist/lead with development and maintenance of project and architecture related documentation, including business cases. The Senior Business Analyst provides project management support for all phases of assigned projects, as well as guidance and leadership to the organization through assigned projects.
- Provides strategic planning support and change management services by leading and performing feasibility studies, workload efficiency analyses, using formal data gathering techniques and analyzing, designing and implementing appropriate information systems. This includes identifying system deficiencies, user department operational inefficiencies and ways of improving business efficiency functions.
- Provides support for application maintenance, modification and enhancement through programming, database development, report writing and problem solving.
- Provides guidance and leadership to assigned team members including making adjustments to workload and assignments and participating in decisions relating to hiring, discipline and termination.
- Analyses system performance and provides recommendations for the development of capacity plans for assigned applications.
- Conducts analysis related to data conversion routines and system interfaces for assigned applications.
- Supports operational requirements by assembling, creating and maintaining the required set of information systems technical and operational documentation, according to departmental standards.
- Prepares Requests for Information/Proposal, develops evaluation processes and tools, and evaluates vendor responses.
- Coordinates and implements applications by ensuring documentation, writing and testing of applications and verifying that programs are functional and consistent with specifications.
- Provides system support to users during the development, maintenance and operation of various computer systems by performing duties such as troubleshooting system software problems, testing alternative solutions, and reviewing impact of implemented resolutions over time.
- Develops user documentation and downtime and disaster recovery procedures for assigned applications.
- Performs analysis of PHSA agency information system requirements and vendor analysis/selection including project management for the acquisition and implementation of new information systems and enhancements to existing systems.
- Provides technical and business direction and guidance to other project staff by identifying staff required, assigning tasks to staff, setting priorities and reassigns work when necessary to ensure project deadlines are met.
- In conjunction with senior staff or manager, participates in contract negotiations with vendors.
- Coordinates and manages the development and execution of project plans, prepares and monitors project budgets and communicates status reports.
- Leads and participates in the analysis, acceptance criteria definition, development, testing, training, implementation and maintenance phases of assigned projects. Carries out post-implementation reviews and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Provides advice and direction to clients on methods to improve performance efficiencies through the use of automated tools and revised work processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline, plus a minimum of five (5) years recent related experience which includes clinical information systems implementations and three (3) years in a team lead role.
Demonstrated understanding of the project management methodology and business process analysis. Demonstrated ability to engage staff in a dynamic and complex environment. Ability to work effectively as part of a team. Demonstrated experience organizing and writing business related technical documentation and proposals. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple terminology. Ability to understand and clearly relate technical information and principals of operation to non-technical members of the organization. Ability to analyze operational problems and recommend innovative solutions, demonstrating time management skills. Proven ability to plan and execute complex projects with stringent budgets and timelines. Mainstream software/tools experience preferred. Physical ability to perform the duties of the position. Ideal candidates will have a keen interest in the current privacy/security issues in the Province of BC, in particular the health sector.
Please apply through the Careers at PHSA website.