Every few years, a company appears that transforms an industry. Newton Vault, dedicated to provide cryptocurrency security solution for institutional investors, has the chance to be one of these companies, and you could be one of the early people to help shape Newton Vault. We're changing and redefining the digital asset custody industry.
We're looking for an experienced Security Architect to join our Engineering team. We're a small team that moves fast. This is an extremely exciting opportunity for a fast-learning and driven Security Architect to join a rapidly growing organization in an evolving cryptocurrency security industry. This position will directly contribute to the overall enterprise security architecture and lead the security vision and strategy for our digital asset custodian.
Who you are
You are an incredibly fast learner who enjoys dealing in an environment that is rapidly developing.You are a security whiz, a system architect, and researcher. You are a great team player and communicator, can always be relied on and adapts quickly and easily. You can also work independently, and can effectively manage and prioritize competing tasks in a fast-paced environment. You are seeking an opportunity to grow and increase your scope of work and responsibility rapidly.
- You will be part of a small team with a large amount of ownership and responsibility.
- You will own the security and availability of critical infrastructure components.
- You will work directly with our Chief Scientist, Product Manager, Engineering team and Business Analyst to create enterprise grade digital asset custodian solution.
- You will lead the design and architecture effort but also are able to roll up the sleeves and write some code with the team.
- You will act as security subject matter expert for the team. Besides product security, you’ll also help defining governance and security policy within the company.
What do you bring to the table? You have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience with cyber security or a related field
- CISSP or other industry credentials or certifications
- Proven experience in cloud and (embedded) software security implementations
- Experience with Hardware Security Modules (HSM) and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) for digital asset management.
- Hands-on experience of identity and access technologies, device authentication and device integrity
- Deep understanding of various cyber security domains (enterprise, cloud, mobile, network)
- Expertise and understanding of all layers of the OSI networking model and related security technologies
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and sensitive to the needs of a small and rapidly growing company
Nice to have:
- You are passionate about digital asset and cryptocurrency technologies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum.
- You have knowledge of Blockchain security technologies are familiar with the cryptography and security architecture behind cryptocurrencies.
- You enjoy auditing code, infrastructure, and processes to spot weaknesses and define solutions.
- You enjoy contributing to open source projects on Blockchain/cryptocurrencies
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to:
Beier Cai, CTO
To find out more, please visit our website: www.firstcoin.com.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.