The Ministry of Central Services, Information Technology Division (ITD) of the Government of Saskatchewan is expanding the Information Security Branch, which coordinates and manages ITO security for the government. We are seeking an innovative individual with strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills for the position of Manager, Information Security Services. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with and advise senior executives in government on security matters, and lead teams involving multiple ministries and external resources.
As the Manager, Information Security Services, your responsibilities include:
- Developing, managing and implementing an enterprise approach to IT security and collaborating with colleagues and customers to make strategic investment decisions and reduce the security risk profile of government.
- Managing security resources to review and monitor pre-defined measurements to assess and detect security events in the enterprise IT environment.
- Conducting environmental scans and reviewing industry publications or advisories and be able to apply that knowledge to the IT environment.
- Developing cohesive and respectful relationships across the ITD and government, and among stakeholders in the public and private sectors.
- Coordinating and managing resources developing IT security projects supporting the Enterprise Security Program for government and implementing a strategy and reporting mechanism to ensure the services are meeting the needs of government.
- Responding to information security incidents and following established procedures, to reduce the impact of the incident and safeguard information and assets.
- Providing security advice and direction for information technology programs and projects.
What you will need:
- Knowledge of security standards, regulations and legislation, including ISO 27002.
- Exceptional leadership skills to lead IT security for the government.
- Strong oral communication skills to consult and education senior leaders, ministry staff and external vendors.
- Effective written communication skills to develop policies and IT security programs.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Effective business planning and project management skill, including, accountability processes and risk management.
- A Certified Information Systems Security Professional designation.
About the Information Technology Division:
The Information Technology Division, Ministry of Central Services promotes a culture of customer service and continues to enable our partner ministries to provide affordable and quality programs to Saskatchewan people and businesses. We bring an enterprise focus to the delivery of information technology services and IT-based business solutions that enable the efficiency and effectiveness of Government of Saskatchewan programs. We ensure that citizen and economic information critical to the success of Saskatchewan is protected and secure.
Opening Date: February 24, 2018
Closing Date: March 10, 2018
Competition Number: INF001918
For more information on this and other opportunities in the public service, visit saskatchewan.ca/careers.
Toll free 1-866-319-5999.
This entry was posted on February 25, 2018