Procom Consultants Group is currently seeking a full-time security analyst for one of their clients. Interested candidates can apply by contacting Burke Muir at 604.235.8071.
Senior Security Analyst
On behalf of their client, Procom is looking for a Senior Security Analyst that will be responsible for the operation of the vulnerability management program, conducting technical risk assessments along with the ongoing support of the technical security architecture and related developments. This includes maintaining IT security compliance in accordance with industry certifications. i.e. PCI DSS, SSAE16, ISO 27001. We want someone who can follow direction, but also is capable of thinking outside the box, challenges the unknown, and will solve what is often considered impossible. You must be highly motivated, have a true passion for security.
Senior Security Analyst Responsibilities
- Facilitate security testing and remediation of risks to our customers and front end business development and support teams. Identifying potential end user impacts and remediating those risk before changes are deployed in to production
- You will share your expertise during the planning, design, architecture and implementation of technical security deliverables. You will play an important role in our operations team when called upon. You will help to grow and mature our service management process based on ITIL methodology including critical incident, ticket management and problem management; ensure that any service level or operational level agreements for security are met.
- You will protect the confidentiality of customer information, contribute to the integrity and availability of the Client's services to their customers by developing and maintaining the security design and architecture; ensure that quality management is part of all changes.
- Actively participate in knowledge transfer activities to facilitate service continuity with support partners by documenting and sharing knowledge openly. You will ensure that mission critical knowledge used to support security is documented and maintained.
- You will administer critical and high priority tasks that create value for the Client, enhancing customer engagement, minimizing the need for unnecessary escalations due to unresolved events and incidents.
Senior Security Analyst Mandatory Skills
- Experience with Information Security Audits – PCI, SSAE16, ISO, etc.
- On call rotation duties in relation to being a member of the incident response team
- Basic scripting in bash, power shell or other scripting language
- Technically competent with open source technologies, such as Linux, MySQL
- Technical experience with hardening Linux & Windows servers
- Technical experience with a secure virtualization environment running VMWare
- Working knowledge of WAFs, IPS, IDS/IPS, firewalls, proxy systems
- Strong knowledge of security networking and practical applications
- Experience performing network, and ideally application penetration
- Able to manually review and validate findings from security scans
- Working knowledge of common firewall and networking platforms
- Root-cause-analysis skills with an emphasis on the best solution to complex technical problems and demonstrated ability to quickly understand complex systems
- Ability to perform technical writing and training manuals
- Ability to respond to any and all types of security incidents
- Complete annual Information Systems security training.
- Ability to focus and perform in time-sensitive high-pressure environment
- An understanding of TCP/IP, SSL Certificates
- Support operations and ITIL frameworks
- Minimum one or more security certifications such as; CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, GCED, GCWIN, GCUX, GXPN, GICSP, GCCC, ECSA
- Networking certifications with platforms such as CCNA, CCNP is desirable
- Minimum of five years professional experience preferably supporting global financial organizations.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in Information Security
- Minimum of 2 years work experience with audits as either an auditor or with direct responsibilities for audit results.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including strong verbal, written communication skills and excellent listening skills are required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or related degree highly desirable
Senior Security Analyst Start Date
Senior Security Analyst Assignment Length
Permanent/ Full time
Senior Security Analyst Location