The following contracting opportunity came in from a recruiter. It is being posted here in case anyone may be interested.
The company is looking for a senior project manager with experience managing security and infrastructure projects. Anyone who is interested should contact Adam Jolly at WPCG Recruitment Consultants, AJolly@wpcg.ca or 604.294.1200 ext. 116.
Scope of Work/Deliverables:
The scope of work consists of the following:
- Manage all aspects of Project Management
- Develop the detailed schedules
- Manage the scope, schedule, cost, risks, issues and quality
- Develop and manage the appropriate resource plan, manage assigned project resources
- Report project progress to PMO (Project Management Office) and key project stakeholders
- Monitor and control the project budget
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Mobilization of project resources including hiring process
- Deliver the project in time, to budget and to quality
- Business Cases/EAR documents for each project initiated
- Statements of Objectives (scope, cost, schedule), Project Management Plan, WBS and project schedule, risks and issues logs, monthly status reports and Project Completion Reports for all assigned projects. Note: additional deliverables per project may be required; they will be identified and agreed upon between Project Manager and Technology as appropriate.
- Monthly Financial reporting as per Technology Finance requirements (monthly review of actual costs, monthly accruals and forecasts)
- Direct and relevant experience and qualifications to the scope of work
- Availability to perform the work within the timeframes stipulated
- A minimum of seven (7) years Senior PM on Security and Infrastructure projects – consultants are required to have in depth knowledge and proven expertise in one or more of the key areas listed under Scope of Work.
Typical Background and Experience:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of Project Management experience
- Proven experience in delivering similar projects as per the included descriptions listed under Scope of Work is desirable
- PMI certification, other Project Management certification or relevant educational background.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of various Project Management methodologies and proven ability to tailor them to the needs of the assigned projects
- Experience with complex Cyber Security and Infrastructure technologies
- Secure Soft Tokens Project: the company uses authentication technology to provide secure login to certain remote access services. This project is for the design and implementation of processes to support an authentication code generator for various platforms.
- Vulnerability Management Enhancements Project: This initiative will provide the company with more comprehensive coverage of our standard vulnerability management tools currently in place.
- Print Queue/Card Release: the company will be undertaking an initiative to improve print queue management and supporting processes. This project will review usage patterns and behaviours to determine optimization opportunities.
- The Security Information and Event Manager Project: Leverages the current implementation of ArcSight for event monitoring of critical and non-critical devices within the company. The goal of the project is to continue development and integration of devices for other business units.
- Identity Management Project: the company’s current ecosystem of identity and access management solutions is complex and will require upgrading. This project will continue with Enterprise roadmap to design and implement improvements. This may require replacement of a number of aging components and related processes.
- Application Security Firewall Project: Web-facing services require security controls in the form of network appliances that inspect incoming and outgoing traffic and make decisions based on policy at the application level. This project will modernize or replace existing tools and supporting processes which provide protection and real time insight into what is occurring in the company's environment.
- CIDC Modernization Project: This project will consolidate and simplify technologies in the company’s data center to allow for greater capacity, flexibility, reliability and scalability. It will leverage existing investments in the data centre and modernize equipment, network and processes.
The consultant may be required to work across other projects within Technology as and when the need requires and when new projects are approved. The company reserves the right to move consultants between projects as required.