Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Senior Information Security Consultant for a 4 month contract opportunity at a client with the possibility of extension and with an option to convert to a permanent full time position.
The client is building a strong Information Security team and requires the assistance of a Senior Security Consultant to assist their team.
The ideal candidate has direct, recent hands-on experience with security vulnerability scans, implementing security event management systems and incident management tools.
- 7-9 years of related experience preferably extensive experience with security, technical audit or public/private practice consulting.
- Bachelor's degree or Technical Diploma in a related field.
- One or more of the following certifications: CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CISA and one or more of SANS and/or technical vendor/industry certification.
- Specific hands on experience:
- Administering security products and services such as anti-virus, firewalls, DLP, SIEM, Web Security Gateways and email SPAM
- Assessing risk and identifying control strengths/weaknesses and opportunities for improvement of current/proposed infrastructures, systems, 3rd party ISP/ASP and cloud environments
- Completing security and compliance audits, internal/external penetration analysis, and vulnerability research
- Proficiency with Microsoft enterprise level products and Unix/Linux based environments and technologies
- Advanced to expert knowledge in the application of ISO 27001/2, COBIT and ITIL
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Capacity to be successful in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Interested candidates should contact Marta Malecki at Ignite Technical Resources at 604-687-6795.